About Dr Khan
Dr Feroz Khan studied at Stellenbosch University, where he qualified in 2003.
His post graduate clinical experience in Western Cape included:
- Neonatal ICU
- Paediatric ICU
- General Paediatrics
- General Surgery
Dr Khan relocated to KwaZulu-Natal where he worked at St Andrews Hospital as a Medical Officer until 2006.
Dr Khan established a private GP practice in Port Shepstone 2006.
While in private practice:
- he did calls at Casualty at Hibiscus Private Hospital from 2006 to 2010.
- admitted and managed in-patients
- assisted a General Surgeon on a full-time basis and
- assisted two experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologists when needed.
He left the private practice in 2015 in order to gain further experience in an academic setting – Port Shepstone Regional Hospital where he worked as a Grade 3 MO and was personally involved in the teaching of junior medical officers and medical interns.
Completed rotations included:
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Anaesthetics and peri-operative medicine
- Critical Care ICU
After graduation, Dr Khan remained devoted to continuing medical education and professional development.
Post Graduate Qualifications
Dr Khan attained the following postgraduate qualifications:
- Sub-aquatic and hyperbaric medicine, which includes diving emergencies
- AO trauma course
- Neonatal resuscitation training
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Basic Obstetric Ultrasound
- Advanced Diabetic Management
- Male sexual health – by Mens Clinic International
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Basic isiZulu course
- Annual updated in cardiology and obstetrics and gynaecology at UKZN
Dr Khan is a General Practitioner and provides all round medical health care conveniently located in Port Shepstone on the South Coast of KwaZulu-Natal.
Practice Nr: 0252786
MP Nr: MP0600849
Dr Khan is the best GP we have seen. His care for patients and the manner in which he treats a person makes you feel better already. Excellent doctor – excellent treatment – highly recommendable.